Thursday 10 January 2019

Let's start an adventure

Let me start by introducing myself.
Brace yourselves!



My name is Kaytee, I'm 28. I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
I have Bipolar type 2, Dissociate Identity Disorder (DID), Depersonalisation Disorder(DPD), Generalised Anxiety Disorder(GAD) as well as suspected Sensory Processing Disorder(SPD). I also self harm.

I am a mother to an amazing 8 year old called Christopher, currently unemployed but I volunteer with a Leeds based charity, Battle Scars, which is aimed at supporting and educating people who self harm or support people who self harm.
I also volunteer with a local mental health team, Listening and Direct Support (L.A.D.S), based out of a community centre where I was a service user myself once upon a time.
I'll go into details of each later, I've got to lure my readers back somehow, right?

I'm a total beginner at blogging, but I look forward to watching myself grow as I post.
Exciting stuff!
I've decided to give this a try after a suggestion from my (former) Therapist in hopes it will help me through some difficult times ahead.
I do sincerely hope that by sharing on this platform, that I can help make even just one person feel a little less alone whilst helping myself. We're not alone after all, everybody has mental health.

I intend to share the good, the bad and the ugly parts of living with mental health problems in a world that STILL places blame on those suffering. I'm not an expert, I can simply share my thoughts and feelings on MY mental health, on my experiences.
It's easy to go onto a mental health website and read up a list of symptoms, of expected behaviours and assume you now know all about something. Truth is, it isn't that simple. Unless you have experienced these things for yourself you will never truly know. 
It is possible to use this information to support people however, and I will always encourage loved ones to educate themselves on anything that could help. Support is such a massive part of it.

Mental ill health is serious, it cannot always be cured but it can be treated, you can live a fulfilling life, this I promise you.

Until next time,
Stay safe. Stay amazingđź’•


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more of what you have to say about mental illness. A fellow sufferer of 25 years!

    ReplyDelete

Bipolar Depression, Come On In.

Yesterday was 'Wonky Wednesday' in my local pub. I was certainly wonky. I'm still feeling extremely depressed, it took everyt...